Pages

Welcome

Welcome to Ms. B's English and Technology Blog! In my classroom, I am always looking for new ways to incorporate technology into our studies. We can use this as a place to share information, stay up-to-date with the latest information going on in our classroom, our school, and the world around us. This is our place to be ourselves and share our creative thinking!

Go to Ms. B's Website



Sunday, October 3, 2010

Framework Example

Would How I Live Now - Meg Rossof be a framework story?

The reason that I think it is a framework story is the fact that the outside framwork or the begining of the story set a mood of the main character, Daisy. We find out right from the beginning that she isn't the smartest girl, but, is great around people. We see this throughout the inner framework in the middle of the story because when she is with her cousin in the woods, she gets along with her very well and treats her like a sister, but, her cousin is the one who finds food.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that this is a framework story. By informing the reader of the type of person Daisy is in the beginning, is like showing the frame, and the story showing how Daisy is naive but very friendly is explained in great detail through Daisy's eyes (the picture).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also find that she changes throughout the story. I am not sure if how a character changes throughout a story is related to a framework story at all or not; that is why I was hesitant to put How I Live Now as an example. I do know that she narrates the story in a similar fashion to that of the book, The Catcher in the Rye, thats what reminded me of it in the first place!!

    ReplyDelete